Vince LLC Reports Decreased Net Sales and Material Weakness in Internal Control Over Financial Reporting

Vince LLC (VNCE), a global retail company that operates the Vince brand women’s and men’s ready-to-wear business, recently published its unaudited condensed consolidated financial statements as of April 29, 2023. Although the company managed to lower its net loss in this quarter, a decrease in net sales and identified material weakness in internal control over financial reporting pose challenges to its future growth.

Financial Statement Summary

According to Vince LLC’s unaudited condensed consolidated financial statement, net sales for the three months ended April 29, 2023, were $64,056, down from $78,376 for the same period in 2022. The gross profit also decreased, from $35,635 in 2022 to $29,592 in 2023. The company registered a net loss of $381 for this quarter compared to a net loss of $7,169 for the same period in 2022. With total assets of $284,094 and liabilities of $263,793, Vince LLC’s stockholders’ equity stands at $20,301.

Reasons for Decline in Net Sales

Factors that contributed to the decline in net sales include the sale of the Rebecca Taylor and Parker brand’s intellectual property and the expiration of a license agreement with Authentic Brands Group, LLC (ABG Vince), which now holds a 75% stake in the newly-formed ABG Vince subsidiary. Vince LLC holds the remaining 25% membership interest. The company closed the asset sale with ABG Vince on May 25, 2023, for a total consideration of $76,500 in cash and a 25% membership interest in ABG Vince.

Strategic Initiatives

Despite these challenges, the company has undertaken several strategic initiatives to maintain adequate cash flow, expand its business, and improve profitability. One such initiative is a newly-formed license agreement with ABG-Vince LLC, granting Vince LLC an exclusive, long-term license to use the licensed property in the territory to the approved accounts. This partnership is expected to have a positive impact on the company’s bottom line and growth prospects.

Material Weakness in Internal Control

In addition to the decline in net sales, Vince LLC has reported material weakness in its internal control over financial reporting. This issue may pose a significant risk to its overall financial health and future growth. However, the company has expressed its intention to remediate the identified material weakness through concerted efforts and necessary improvements.

Inventory and Accounts Payable Reduction

On the brighter side, Vince LLC has made progress in reducing its inventory levels and accounts payable. Inventories decreased from $90,008 to $80,036, while accounts payable fell from $49,396 to $45,976. This may positively impact the company’s working capital and liquidity position in the coming quarters.


In conclusion, while Vince LLC faced several challenges in the quarter ended April 29, 2023, the company remains optimistic about its strategic initiatives and potential growth prospects. With the recent establishment of the license agreement with ABG-Vince LLC, the company hopes to improve its profitability and expand its business in the near future. However, the presence of material weakness in internal control over financial reporting and reduced net sales may pose significant risks and challenges to the company’s overall financial health and growth prospects.

Note that we may hold securities mentioned in this article. The source of this article are the SEC filings available at that we extracted with the help of various software tools. Even though we have implemented various fact-checking processes, some incorrect information may have remained in the article (false positive). Let us know if you find any inconsistencies!